- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
10 must have Decor essentials for every Indian living roomBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Decor Accents Tweet 0 Comment(s) Tags : decor accents wall decorantiques carpetsStaircase decorbed designs kid's decor
Decor doesn’t begin and end at buying plush, extra-modern, pinch on your salary furniture. Decor is a lot, lot more. So you’ve invested in a great couch and stayed awake days and nights to watch your pro carpenter finish up your cabinet job. Now what? Now, we will help you accessorize. Here is a comprehensive list of accessories which you can’t go wrong with!
1) Upholstery: If you’ve finished the bigger jobs in your living room decor like building cabinets and shelves and the like, it’s time to upholster. Now, most carpenter-jobs can get botched up if you don’t upholster well. For example, if you’ve selected a dark wood polish like Rosemary or teak, I’d advise you to go with shades of white for your upholstery. White satin curtains and off-white sofa or dewan cloth makes your space look classy. Similarly, if the polish on your furniture is on the lighter side, go rogue. Reds suit your space as well as greens and blues.
2) Furnishing: Furnish your living area well. For those who have a lot of metal work going on in your living room, you might want to experiment with colors like maroon, bright yellow and orange. Explore the idea of silk curtains. These days, faux silk is available in furnishing shops too. These are much cheaper than real silk, and you can’t really notice the difference either.
3) Handicrafts: India is the land of great craftwork. Shopping avenues across the country are dotted with street artisans selling their wares. Every corner of the country is rich in all types of handiwork which would fit right into your home decor, so, don’t be afraid to experiment.
4) Fruit bowls: In a country of foodies like India, where we plan the next meal sitting at the diningTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:I feel that incorporating a fruit bowl in our decor ideas would really pay off well. Use an ornate wooden bowl and place your fruits on them on any one of your living room tables, and you have a new decor idea!
5) Decor accents: A number of decor accents are available these days on the streets and even in the comfort of your home, online. Shop for decor accents and personalize your space in a way that it shouts out your name!
6) Wall Decor: If textured walls aren’t your thing, wall hangings may be a great way to go. You can buy inexpensive faux paintings from places like National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi. These are very nominally priced and you can get them framed and use with accent lighting in your home for a brilliant effect.
7) Candles and fragrances: Candles in modern times are a boon to fill up empty spaces in your home, be it side tables, centerpiece ideas or cabinet decor. A bowl of potpourri on your center table looks great and smells like a million bucks too!
8) Flower Arrangements: Somehow, vases and flowers seem indispensable for living rooms. Nothing encourages positivity and radiates
9) Using kitchenware for decor: Using kitchenware for decor is a simple way to do something new with your space. You can incorporate dry fruit trays, or simple spoons and cups and pots that just sit there looking pretty. A crystal or ceramic ash-tray may look beautiful if correctly chosen. And what’s more, you don’t have to be a smoker to beautify your living room with it!
10) Clocks: Sounds pretty simple, right? Naeh! You could get a custom clock made which goes with your decor and tells your family’s story. A clock is a living room must-have and yet could do wonders for your decor theme!
Apart from these, you also might find lying around your home, traditional showy pieces that you may have been gifted at weddings and other occasions. Use them to decorate your living room in the most chic way possible and bring out the designer in you!
View more Living Rooms here.
Tags : decor accents wall decorantiques carpetsStaircase decorbed designs kid's decor
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
False ceilings, like you know, are an additionally constructed layer of ceiling for the purpose of glamorizing your interiors. More ...
Ceilings are as important a part of your home décor as your walls and windows and doors. We tend to ...
We have had enough of walls- walls which divide the space, walls that are symbol of separation. It high time ...
Luxury Design Products
Decor Accessories Lighting
A lot is being said about Vastu compliance while making homes and on the way you should be living...
Kids Room Interior Design
I think when it comes to designing your kid’s room you can actually let your imagination ru...
Look around you. Wherever you are sitting or standing currently. Just gaze around the room and ob...
Dining Room Design & Decor
There is more to a dining room than just being a place to relish a sumptuous meal. Dining is ofte...
Interior Design Ideas & Tips
India is a land where guests are treated as the god and the families feel fortunate if some guest...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining