- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Balcony Design IdeasBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Outdoors Tweet 0 Comment(s)
The Balcony. Ever so clichéd, ever so cool. The mention of a balcony invariably, always brings to mind the picture of a budding young romance, the sight of a young couple making plans, the (lesser seen) picture of people crossing over for a sneak out. To be young and in love! But again, lots of us youngsters have often sneaked out of a balcony just to go dance with our pals in a discotheque all night, so no stereotypes there! A balcony is a feature that is sported by most, if not all, homes these days. Why not! It’s a great option, easily done in both an apartment and an individual house and can be one of the best space options possible in case of a severe space crunch. Let’s look at some balcony designs that you can implement in your dream pad and enjoy what you get!
1) The Romeo and Juliet: I would like to reiterate (to the disdain of people with teenage kids) that balconies are a great escape route for many kid couples. While this may be a deal-breaker for girls’ dads, if you don’t have a child or a grown one and are planning to design a balcony, this style fits great. We’re talking about the type of balcony in the film Romeo and Juliet (the DiCaprio one, ah!) or the Ranveer-Deepika starrer Ram Leela recently. An intricate wrought-iron designed balcony, constructed lovingly over marble floors, is a lovely option when thinking about an outdoor balcony. It’s traditional, beautiful and deliciously vanilla! Great option, folks!
2) The Morning After: There’s the kind of balcony we have visualized for a long time in our dreams. One overlooking a beautiful green manicured lawn. The one where you’ll walk out with your morning cuppa and enjoy the breeze while leaning on the well-polished wooden railing. Having a little garden up front may be another dream you’ve probably dreamed with waking eyes all through. Get this dream of yours up and running, man!
3) The Gazing at Stars: You could make a balcony that opens out into your nature escapade. Think about it. You could make it a space big enough to lie on and gaze at stars at night and stand in and enjoy the sunrise in the morning. If you’re blessed enough to have a house where your lungs can breathe openly, one of these balconies is something you would cherish and value.
4) The Patio: Make this into a nice open air café! Place cane, bamboo or even wrought iron chairs and tables and cushions and pillows and enjoy your morning tea with your loved ones in the most unadulterated way possible. Sit in the most beautiful section of your house and butter your toasts in peace. If the space allows it, this is one of the most beautiful things you can do with a balcony.
5) The Hanging Gardens of Babylon: For those of you who remember the Mesopotamian Civilization from your middle school History books, you’ll remember that the Hanging gardens by King Hammurabi were the most beautiful thing created back then. Our idea is similar. We encourage you to make your balcony the green belt of your house. Make hanging planters or place tubs in the balcony and let Miss Green Fingers take over. Though it takes a sizeable amount of patience to get a garden in shape, a hanging garden in your balcony will be a pretty sight that you’ll be very proud of creating.
Create your balcony with a lot of love. Use any or all of the ideas above and make it a space that makes you happy and allows you to breathe.
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
Roofs: The crowning glory of your house. Imagine having a bad hair day for the rest of your life. Your house ...
The Balcony. Ever so clichéd, ever so cool. The mention of a balcony invariably, always brings to mind the picture ...
We don't just build houses for ourselves, we create a place we can call 'home' and create every inch of ...
Luxury Design Products
Luxury Furniture Automation Systems
Art Decor Accessories
Roofs & Ceilings Sanitaryware
Pooja Room Interiors
Decorating a Pooja ghar is one of the most crucial elements in your home décor. While we a...
A sofa set is one of the most important parts of one’s home furniture and in most cases it ...
“Karmanyeva-adhikaraste ma phalesu kadachana||” Be active, never be inactive a...
Finally have your dream house ready? It's time to furnish it- Furnish it with decor that crea...
Living Room Design & Decor
Windows are the favourite part in any house. But sometimes too much light could become a menace. ...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining