- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
All you need to know about Bedroom FurnitureBy Smitha Jose
Furniture Tweet 0 Comment(s)
Bedrooms are our private sanctuaries of which we are the sole designers. It is one room that takes after you in style and personality. To paint it in a way you like, you should first know the myriad components and style of a bedroom furniture set. Here, in the below article, we try to provide you with everything you want to know about furnishing your den.
1. Plan the Layout
Planning the layout is indispensable for any room. And bedroom is no different. Whether your room is small or king sized, planning what furniture will be placed where, makes it easier for the following processes. Sufficient walking space should be provided for a hassle free movement with in the room.
2. What all should your bedroom have
A standard bedroom furniture set includes a bed, a night stand or side table, a dresser (essentially with a mirror) and a storage space, which can be an expansive walk - in closet or an austere armoire (wardrobe).
3. Materials the furniture is made of
Bedroom furniture is to stay for decades, if not for a lifetime. Investing in good quality furniture (compromising with the material is not an option) is essential if you wish to get done with it once and for all. Good quality wood is considered the finest material for any type of furniture. Once the furniture is selected, it can be given finishes of varying type to suit each one's taste.
4. Choosing the prime element – The Bed
No matter how stylish and functional your other bedroom furniture may be, bed is indeed the chief element of the room. And hence choosing the right design is of utmost importance. With so many functionally and aesthetically pleasing designs, it is easy to settle for the one you and your room require.
Here are some to name a few:
1. Platform Bed: These are low raised bed frame designs that usually come without legs, headboard and foot board. Certain designs come with short legs that still give ease in getting in and out of beds. Platform bed is the most widely used design that goes well with any contemporary look.
2. Bunk Bed: Bunk beds are familiar to all of us. With one bed decked over the other like train berths, this is one of the cost, space and function efficient bed designs to go with for kids bedroom.
3. Sleigh Bed: As the name suggests, sleigh beds resemble the sleigh drawn by the horses and reindeers. These bear a traditional touch with high curved headboards and foot boards. This design is for those who want to keep alive the traditional look with their interiors.
4. Trundle Bed: Trundle beds are another space saving designs for small rooms. These have additional bed space hidden beneath which can be pulled out when needed and takes only the space of a single bed.
5. Poster Bed: Poster bed has been one of the oldest bed designs in use. With four posters (which again can be highly customised), the bed can be adorned with fanciful curtains adding warmth and privacy to the space inside.
6. Day Bed: A day bed is a great multi – purpose furniture that is a sofa when it is entertainment time and a bed at night. A sofa-cum-bed can prove to be a great asset in a master bedroom in place of a regular sofa, serving dual purpose when you have to accommodate more guests.
With the right blend of function and style in furniture, you can create a perfect relaxing space. After all, you are spending one third of your life in this room. Style it well to treat you well.
Products you may like
Price: On RequestBuy
Price: On RequestBuy
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
ZingBoards you may like
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
For every home décor enthusiast out there, every new year brings a fresh wave of décor madness, plans to redecorate ...
Selecting the best furniture is not at all an easy task. Before you buy any furniture you should know certain ...
Finally have your dream house ready? It's time to furnish it- Furnish it with decor that creates a statement, which ...
Luxury Design Products
Lighting Decor Accessories
Sanitaryware Ceramic & Tiles
Come Valentine’s Day and you are automatically placed under monumental pressure to do somet...
Design & Decor Selfies
Right from our college days, if there was one place we would hangout other than college and home,...
Rapid Fire with Design Professionals
G. Karteek is an Architect and Urban Designer, graduated from the School of Planning and Architec...
Architectural Styles from around the World
We all had, in our childhood, stood in awe by the charm of English country side homes shown...
The 8th edition of AICA (Artists in Concrete Awards) which was organized annually by Reify, at CI...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining