- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Latest Wall Decoration Trends in IndiaBy Ranjna Sharma
Wall Accents Tweet 1 Comment(s) Tags : wall decor
Gone are the days of those ornamental Victorian art and wall hangings. The contemporary world has moved on to simple, clear and clean color schemes and designs. The modern colors are neutral and are usually offset by a deeply colored wall that accentuates the entire room. The wall accents today are bold, personalized and reflective of the people that live surrounded by those walls. To define the current trends in wall décor I would suggest that you follow the principle of – Simple yet Elegant. Follow this concept and you will find it very easy to capture the trendiest wall décor. Here are a few things that you could keep in mind:
1. Let us start at the most basic concept which is the material used for building the walls of your dream home. Be it concrete, granite or lacquered wood; just make sure that it is in line with the kind of wall accents you have in mind.
2. The paint on your walls is the next step. The modern scheme is rather minimalistic and even downs the color scheme. Keep the base neutral by using white, beige or pastels and then add a dash of a brightly colored pattern – you could use shiny orange, fire red or even deep purple or fuchsia. Textured paint is the in thing with its metallic finish in gold, copper and silver. You can also get it in glossy shades. It gives a beautiful finish to your walls and to top it all, it also highly resistant to peeling, flaking and fading. Since it is thick it cans easily hide surface damage and cover minor defects. Textured paint consists of certain additives that make it durable and strong.
3. The modern living rooms are designed with the idea of letting in aTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:amount of natural light. Large windows are the best option but they are not always feasible. So, a good idea would be to use artificial lights in such a manner that the walls get highlighted and low lighted in a tasteful manner. A lot of people are using the hidden lights in a very creative style. They often use a blue white glow instead of the usual yellow or white.
4. Next step is selecting the art and craft that will adorn your modern home walls. The sky is the limit when it comes to selecting the pieces to adorn those walls. Most of it will end up reflecting our personal likes and taste. So make sure you select the items carefully and make your mark on those walls.
5. Select from a huge variety of candle holders; they are the in thing now a day and come in a variety of shapes, designs and colors. People are increasingly using native art and craft like that comes from the tribal hinterlands of Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, Punjab and Kerala. Each region has its own unique artistry and charm. These brass, iron and bronze pieces give a rather elegant ambience
6. It is not necessary that you have a Raja Ravi Varma or M. F. Husain paintings adorning your walls. You can get a pretty good array of modern art in most art stores or can even try your own hand at one. You may have noticed many houses proudly putting up their children’s water color painting s or pencil drawings on their walls. The modern style is to be original and reflect your own creativity and art as much as you can. So take another look at the home grown talent; before you go scouting for it in the outer realms.
Tags : wall decor
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
So we’ve helped you decorate, paint and accessorize your walls. What remains? ART! Indian art has always been one of ...
No matter where you go; you see houses all around you, but what really makes one house different than the ...
Interior decor is getting bigger and bigger day by day, thanks to innovative decor ideas that just emerge out of ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Decor Accessories
Sports & Fitness Equipment Art
Doors & Windows Sanitaryware
What is latest in home décor this summer - from drapes to wall covers - our take on t...
“Karmanyeva-adhikaraste ma phalesu kadachana||” Be active, never be inactive a...
Ludwig Van Der Rohe is a man who is known better by his aphorisms 'Less is more' and '...
Architectural Styles from around the World
We all had, in our childhood, stood in awe by the charm of English country side homes shown...
Shop & Restaurant Interiors
You are at the door of an age old bakery. As soon as the door opens, the fresh aroma of baked bre...
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining