- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Five ethnic cushion styles for your homeBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Ethnic Decor Tweet 1 Comment(s)
Did you think that blowing up all your cash on cushion covers from different branded stores was the only way to brighten up your couch or your seating area? Well, seems you might’ve been wrong! There are numerous ways to get amazing cushion covers by these easy nip-and-tuck techniques. You’ll be amazed by how much a thread and needle duo could do!
1) Raid your cupboard for old sarees and dupattas. Some sarees and ornate dupattas have such nice colors that they make for very unique cushion fabrics. These could be augmented using decorative items like mirrors and glitter which available widely in markets. Sew on cloth cuttings for an even edgier look.
2) Butcher old lehengas. My first lehenga, a Rajasthani one, was gifted to me when I was 6. Today, it adorns my favourite cushion! Old lehengas can be handy in the sense that they are these ethnic, ornately designed pieces of fabric that you won’t feel bad tearing up. These can make for lovely cushion covers.
3) Embroider old plain cushions. You’ll be surprised at what a gorgeous lift a few stylish stiches can give to an old cushion. A lot of cushion covers are so plain that they just lie around the house, waiting to be used as dusters. If you took those SUPW classes in school even slightly seriously, you can make something great out of a plain-Jane cushion cover!
4) Gujarati and Rajasthani bed-sheets, waiting to be ravished! While chances are that these come with pillow cases, you could always cut them up after their life is over and sew ‘em together to make lovely cushion covers. Dye to restore life into the cloth!
5) Paint! This is probably the easiest and the most fun of all. Make some covers out of white or light coloured cloth and smotherTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:with fabric paint. I like the idea of dabbing your brush liberally with color and splatter paint all over the cloth. Ethnic, yet ultra-modern! You could use hand-prints with fabric paint and colour the cushions. Spray paint, ladyfinger paint or potato paint your cushions for a lovely effect.
DIY, to me, is the most fun part of home décor. Let your imagination run wild and device something unique each time. Share your ideas with us too!
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
If you’re shopping for Art or handicrafts in the capital, it can be quite a drag if you don’t know ...
Six acres of land in South Delhi, right opposite to the INA market has been extensively put to use by ...
Being the members of the human race we advance towards a horizon of hope, ignoring the tunes of nimbus, tearing ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Luxury Beds & Mattresses
Glass and Films Sanitaryware
Bought that ultra-swanky apartment that you love? Debating which appliances to invest in and whic...
'The Pritzker Architecture Prize' is the highest degree of honor in the field of Architec...
Basement Design & Decor
From the age of our Neanderthal forefathers or even before that, man has come up with ideas to sh...
Hotel Architecture & Interiors
Hotels are lining up the city and its peripherals. And without something magnificent and extraord...
Pooja Room Interiors
Everyone leads a stressful life. We need strength and peace of mind to begin our day afresh and w...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining