- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
5 Useful House Plants and Placement TipsBy Himani Arora
Green Homes Tweet 0 Comment(s)
Not only are plants, as science says, the biggest source of life on earth but also our helpers. They support us unconditionally. From giving us shelter in sunlight to satisfying our hunger, they prove to be man’s true friend. Bringing them inside our houses is no less than a boon but not all of them can be greeted in. Specific plants should be selected to be kept at proper places to increase their productivity.
1. Ferns outside front door:- These green long spread leaves of the plant catch the eye of every passer-by. Front door can be made to look extraordinary by placing ferns in pots. The purpose of placing ferns at the corners of the door is to prevent them from coming in contact with direct sunlight for these wither and therefore need constant watering.
2. Aloe Vera near a sunny window:- This plant grows well under the sun however too much sunlight can burn it. It serves as an air purifier and therefore can be kept in window area of any room. Aloe Vera is resistant to most of the pests which makes it a wonder plant requiring lesser care. Further, its gel can be used to heal cuts and treat scalp related problems.
3. Basil in the courtyard:- Basil planted in the courtyard is the right choice. Not only does this plant has a phenomenal medicinal property but also grows quickly however its growth can be controlled if pruning is done regularly. This holy plant in the outer area of the house can be used as greeting gesture to the guests.
4. Marigold in Balcony:- The scope of gardening becomes easier in a balcony. However, potted plants make it way more easier to be maintained. Potted marigold hung or placed in balcony keep flies away for it creates an aroma aphids detest. They keep mosquitoes in check and speak volumes about house's beauty.
Orchids in Bathroom:- Apart from enhancing the beauty of the bathroom, they spread fragrance too. Suitable to grow in warm and humid conditions, their beautiful array of colors make the otherwise monotonous bathroom tasks interesting. Different species of orchids can be chosen for different scents.
Keeping these plants at these places will definitely add visual interest in the house and serve the purpose of air purification, mosquito control, spreading aroma and making you feel fresh.
Do you have any suggestions? Please share them with us, post them in the comment section below.
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
ZingBoards you may like
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
The holiday season, Diwali, Christmas and the New Year always urge us to clean out and clean up. I know ...
Going eco-friendly with the way we live is no more a noble service we are rendering to the society or ...
Green laws or open areas are restricted to spaces outside a Bedroom window, Kitchen window, Internal lobby courtyard & to ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Lighting, Outdoor
Decor Accessories Art
Glass and Films Doors & Windows
Living Room Design & Decor
Whether you are ready to land into that newly renovated apartment of yours or are looking forward...
No matter where you go; you see houses all around you, but what really makes one house different ...
Interior Design Ideas & Tips
In order to reconstruct your house, you have to be resourceful and creative, hence think upon the...
The city of Hyderabad is expanding at an alarming rate every year and has become one of the faste...
'The Pritzker Architecture Prize' is the highest degree of honor in the field of Architec...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining