- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
How to choose the right floor for bathroomBy Imdad
Bathroom Interiors Tweet 2 Comment(s)
Consider the following facts:
- Is your floor very slippery?
- Is it safe enough to walk in your bathroom barefooted?
- Is your floor impervious to water?
- While choosing the right floor for your bathroom, you need to encounter a number of challenges.
Here we have gathered a few tips that can help you to find the correct bathroom flooring for your home.
- Ceramic Tile:- It doesn't matter whether you are replacing an old tatty floor or you are installing a brand new one, you will never be able to beat ceramic or stone tile for durability and style. If this tile is laid properly, it becomes a forever floor that requires almost no attention or any maintenance. You can select from a variety of colors and textures.
- Hardwood:- Ceramic tile is a very popular choice for bathroom flooring, but it's not the only choice.You can go for a variety of choices available. A hardwood or a solid wood floor in a bathroom looks very beautiful. Bathrooms are usually wet and moist so a wooden flooring can develop moist problems, especially around the toilet or under it, hence a professional help in this case is a must. If the flooring choice of the other rooms is hardwood, then having the same pattern in your bathroom will give you a cohesive look, and you can always paint the wood to complement the rest of the rooms' style of decoration.
- Laminate flooring:- This type of flooring offers the beauty and warmth of hardwoods at an affordable price. When it comes to bathroom flooring, many of us would prefer the classic look of hardwood or tile, but with a lower budget. This type of flooring is a smart alternative for people with tighter budgets. Laminate is easy to maintain, it requires a very less care and attention. They are also very durable,so laminate flooring is a good choice for bathrooms.
- Vinyl Flooring:- Is also in the league of one of the most popular choices for bathroom flooring. Vinyl comes in two popular choices either in sheets or in tiles. Although, vinyl flooring looks very much similar to tile flooring it is much softer underfoot. Vinyl tile is a good choice since tiles are easier to install and also to replace if needed.
- Marble/Stone Flooring:- Marble and stone tiles are often used in a bathroom for their endurance.Marble is a really smart choice to sustain hot, wet and humid environment inside the bathroom. Marble tiling in a bathroom can give you a luxurious look, however it is a bit expensive. One cannot deny the fact that it is almost impossible to beat the overall ambiance that marble tiled bathroom can emancipate.So if you can afford marble flooring go ahead it would be a good option indeed.
(Image credit:www.beautifulhomesdesigns.com )
Apart from the above mentioned floorings, there are a variety of options available these days. You can choose any combination as per your need and requirement.
Some other bathroom floorings available :-
- Rubber flooring.
- Glass tile.
- Carpet flooring.
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
Respire a new living spirit in your bathroom, with these simple ideas you can brace up your bathroom decor in ...
Consider the following facts: Is your floor very slippery? Is it safe enough to walk in your bathroom barefooted? ...
“A high quality washroom - NECESSITY OR A LUXURY “ Bathrooms have to be comfortable, clean, hygienic and luxurious. It is ...
Luxury Design Products
Pillows, Duvets, Comforters Furnishings
Decor Accessories Art
Sanitaryware Roofs & Ceilings
Being the members of the human race we advance towards a horizon of hope, ignoring the tunes of n...
Low Cost Decor Ideas
Children and adults alike, birthdays are the times when everyone feels special and wants to be pa...
False ceilings, like you know, are an additionally constructed layer of ceiling for the purpose o...
1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK Design Ideas
At some point in our life all of us do desire a home and hearth of our own; one which is as per o...
Hotel Architecture & Interiors
Hotels are lining up the city and its peripherals. And without something magnificent and extraord...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining