- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
A Modern FarmhouseBy Imdad
Farmhouse Design Tweet 2 Comment(s) Tags : Modern Farmhouse
The burning beacon of the world is running out of fuel, rushing towards the mow of iniquity. We got so busy, that being the Denizens of this world we now lead lives of quiet desperation, we whisper the song of despondence, and even drink the tears rolling down from a fountain of endless venom.
We need a place to repose, a place where trees burgeon a shady boon surrounded by greeneries and a pure mixture of refreshing grandeurs. We need a door that opens happiness and the joy of freedom. Sometimes we need a place, an isolation from the crowd and from the daily rush, we indeed need a farmhouse.
A farmhouse is very much similar to a country house, large front porches, gabled roof with a plenty of free space around, it's a classical housing style.
Following are some tips to design a beautiful farmhouse.
- The style:- First thing to consider while designing a farmhouse is the style. Farmhouse has a number of different forms, some popular farmhouses are Swiss, Victorian, etc.
- Once you select the style of the house you can move on to the location. While choosing the location of your farmhouse you need to keep in mind a few things like where the sun will be in the winter or the view from the windows, etc.
- The most important factor is to locate the house as far as possible from the main road. However, consider the factors such as if you stay in a low- lying area you need to take care of flood precautions.
Essential elements of a farmhouse:
- Try to include more than one fireplace, you need to have a large kitchen and a wrap around porch.
- It is always better to furnish your farmhouse with country crafts, handmade items and antique elements to give it a moreTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:style and feel. Retro style is a very good option, you can design your kitchen and bathroom with old-fashioned fixtures.
- Have a lot of bead board design. Apply this design to the interior walls of your home, bead boards are long, they have narrow strips of wood, and it comes with the flexibility to install either vertically or horizontally.
- When it comes to the floor design, hardwood is definitely the best option. Always use sustainable hardwoods, you can use reclaimed wood for an Eco friendly environment.
- Do not forget to include a chimney, a chimney is a must in a farmhouse. You can either connect it to the kitchen or to the fireplace.
Basically a farmhouse is built far away from the city in some interior of the city. This place is meant for complete relaxation. You can add a lot of handwork stuff to make your farmhouse look amazing. But always remember before building up a farmhouse have a proper plan, do not ever plunge ahead into a war without keeping your weapons ready. You need to have a lot of discussions with your architect to plan a farmhouse.
Tags : Modern Farmhouse
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
Villages in India aren’t one particular entity. Given the diversity of our land, people and the hundreds of cultures, each ...
The world we now live in wasn't the same a few decades ago. Lives were simpler and we were blessed ...
The burning beacon of the world is running out of fuel, rushing towards the mow of iniquity. We got so ...
Luxury Design Products
Luxury Beds & Mattresses Decor Accessories
Decor Accessories Furnishings
Doors & Windows Modular Pre-Engineered Construction Systems
Ustad Ahamed Lahori was a Persian born Architect, who is believed to have been the principal arch...
DIY Interior Design & Decor
For grown up mama's boys moving out of the family house, it's going to be hard initially ...
Hotel Architecture & Interiors
Hotels are lining up the city and its peripherals. And without something magnificent and extraord...
Going eco-friendly with the way we live is no more a noble service we are rendering to the societ...
People usually ask me why I have not opened a showroom for displaying the designer stuff made by ...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining