- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
NDTV Design and Architecture of the Year Awards - 21st March 2014By Nikita Lall
Events Diary Tweet 0 Comment(s) Tags : awards Design and Architecture Awards NDTV Awards
Architecture, old or new, apparently speaks of its time and place, but continues to express its craftsmanship for several ages to come. In short, it yearns for timeliness. Design and architecture have touched million lives till date and have drastically evolved over the years to change the way this society lives. Like every other art, design & architecture too are liable for acknowledgement- not just for aesthetics/visual appeal but for the sustainability factor that measures their worth perfectly. And this has been realized lately by India’s premium media house NDTV.
After the nationwide popularity of their weekend hot Property show, NDTV soon hosted the “Property Awards” which was a huge success thanks to the discipline, credibility and rigor. It was then The Media house felt this urgent need - The milestones achieved by Property show could only be met by honoring the highest architecture standards and thus the DA Awards was proposed.
NDTV Awards has been acknowledging various honorable men and women for out-of-the-box work in their respective industry segments over the years. And now the brand is taking a step forward to present its first ever awards program in Design and Architecture segment. The awards are presented by Grohe, a German Brand and worldwide supplier of Bath fittings and are powered by Autodesk, a leading organization dealing with 3D design and engineering. Better Homes & Gardens, largest selling women’s online magazine is the Lifestyle partner and Sanjay Puri Architects, winner of 34 international architecture awards is the Knowledge Partner. Also, the awards have chosen ZingyHomes as their online partner.
Architectural excellence in India has never been acknowledged officially before. And with NDTVs awards program, an opportunity has been proposed for every architect/interior designer in the country to reveal their talent and stand out in the crowd. Also, the awards would open newTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:for budding architects and interior designers in India who are yet to experience their profession. Every design professional is crossing their ‘Ts’ and dotting their ‘Is’ in order to take position as a deserving nominee.
The results would be announced on 21st of March by collective decision of the jury members. There are about 18 award categories and hence the chances are more or less favorable .NDTV has put forward an extensive category list. There is a room for each and every sector. No architecture or design sphere is left untouched. Here is a complete list of categories-
- Landscape Design of the year
- Commercial Architecture Design of the year (Offices, Retail)
- Hospitality Architecture Design of the year (Hotels, Resorts)
- Institutional Architecture Design of the Year (Cultural, Education, Civic, Community)
- Infrastructure Architecture Design of the Year (Sports, Transport, Bridges
- Heritage Architecture Design of the Year (Adaptive Reuse, Heritage, Restoration)
- Structural design of the year (Structural design of any building type)
- Master Planning design of the year (Any project above 25 acres)
- Residential design of the year (Mass housing, public housing, multi family housing)
- House design of the year (Individual houses)
- Commercial Interior design of the year (Offices, Institutional Education)
- Hospitality Interior
- Residential Interior design of the year (Any size of residential interior)
- Socially Relevant design of the year (Arch interior of any project that has had arc effect on the community)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Practices @ 25 years old)
- BIM used in Design: Best Design technology Award using BIM (For technology used in design)
- BIM used in Construction: Best Construction Technology Award using BIM (for technology used in construction methods)
- BIM used in Operation: Best Operational Technology Award using BIM (for post building habitation in terms of energy efficiency)
Probing into the judgment details, every architecture/design will be vetted on the basis of design, aesthetics, conservation perspective and sustainability. Though stress is more on sustainable aspects and local contexts of the project, innovation is the crucial aspect that judges are looking for.
And what’s there for us- the homeowners who have been facing difficulties in finding a perfect architect/designer for home? Thanks to eighteen categories in various sectors, the awards would uncover a new scope for home, office, hotel, restaurant and hospital owners to find a perfect candidate for home construction and remodeling.
Nominations are open now. Design professionals can nominate themselves here-http://sites.ndtv.com/daawards
Last Date for Nominations- 5th March 2014 for Delhi and 7th March for Mumbai
Announcement of Results- 21st March 2014
ZingyHomes is the Online Partner.
Tags : awards Design and Architecture Awards NDTV Awards
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
This republic day saw significant turnout and bonhomie because of US President Obama attending the parade as a Chief guest. ...
Design, art, architecture and technology reunited forces on the day the most eagerly awaited verdict on architecture and design was ...
The Economic Times announces the 3rd edition of country’s biggest Architecture and Design Summit "The only way you survive ...
Luxury Design Products
Lighting, Outdoor Lighting, Outdoor
Furnishings Decor Accessories
Sanitaryware External Walls and Facades
Garima Agarwal, the founder of Peek-a-boo Patterns started this venture as a result of her search...
The 1919 born Geoffrey Manning Bawa, often referred as Bawa, could simply be considered equivalen...
Cora Black Designer Wash Basin Although wash basin form a very minor part of the house, ...
“Do you have the ability to sketch?” “I want to be an architect but I can...
According to the reports, the Taj Hotel, an architectural edifice of Mumbai remembered for its vi...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining