- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Paris Pavilion The Art of Peace - Design CompetitionBy ZingyHomes Editorial Team
Architecture Competitions Tweet 0 Comment(s)
The city of Paris is rightfully termed as 'the cultural capital of the world' because of its rich and diverse ethos and character. Paris has been the artistic epicentre of the world since renaissance, inspiring many artists, philosophers, writers and architects to innovate and break the shackles of resistance. The city was home to great revolutionaries like Picasso, Miro, Modigliani, Voltaire and Corbusier. But one of the most tolerant cities of the world was shook by recent terror attacks that sent shockwaves around the world.
The most serious problem of the 21st century besides climate change has been terrorism, aggression and wars in the name of religion, political mileage, energy resources and economic factors like money and drugs etc. Attacks and conflicts in Paris, Iraq, Syria, New York, Afghanistan, Mumbai, Ukraine, Madrid, Beirut, Nigeria, Bali etc. have changed and altered the political and cultural landscape in which architects and urbanists operate.
The aim of this competition is to design a 'Peace Pavilion' in Paris that would exhibit the virtues of hope and tolerance, translated through the language of art and architecture. The pavilion should be a free standing temporary structure that can host a variety of activities and exhibitions.
• The pavilion should stimulate and educate people about the virtues of social and religious harmony.
• The competition seeks the inclusion of art, in any form, pure or translated, within the pavilion.
• The pavilion should of a temporary or semi-permanent nature that would constructed of durable and easy-to-maintain materials, and shall comply with building codes.
• The pavilion should become an important landmark and reference point for the inhabitants and visitors of the city.
The participants are asked to design a pavilion in the Champ de Mars near the Eiffel Tower, in the area outlined by Avenue Joseph Bouvard and Avenue Charles Risler.
• Start of Competition and Early Registration: 16th February 2016
• Early Registration ends: 30th April 2016
• Standard Registration starts: 1st May 2016
• Deadline for Questions: 10th May 2016
• Standard Registration ends: 30th May 2016
• Closing day for Submissions: 31st May 2016
• Announcement of Winners: 19th June 2016
Note: All deadlines are 11:59 pm - 00:00 IST (India).
Winning participants will receive prizes totalling INR 2,00,000 with the distribution as follows:
• First prize- INR 1,00,000/- + Certificate
• Second prize- INR 60,000/- + Certificate
• Third prize- INR 40,000/- + Certificate
• 10 Honorable mentions
Top 50 – All fifty shortlisted entries will be published on our blog and social media pages. Winners and honorable mentions will be published on archasm’s website and several international architecture magazines and websites partnered by us.
• From 16th February to 30th April 2016
• For Indian nationals- INR 1500 (per team)
• For Foreign nationals- EUR 60 (per team)
• From 1st May to 30th May 2016
• For Indian nationals- INR 1800 (per team)
• For Foreign nationals- EUR 80 (per team)
Entrants may register by filling the registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through their secure gateway on their website www.archasm.in
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
Purpose To make the design into life, China Shower Room Designing Competition (Golden Bath Award) has injected new blood into ...
Task: To create beautiful, high quality design proposals for a new home. Registration: September 30, 2015 Submission: September 30, 2015 ...
Task: Create a design for an extension to connect the two museums Alvar Aalto Museum and the Museum of Central ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Lighting, Outdoor
Flooring Ceramic & Tiles
Free, unconventional and apparently off the beat, the Bohemians are those who love to operate in ...
Sleeping, the art of absolute relaxation of body and mind. The time when "the consciousness ...
House of Design was born as an upshot of a dream that was pivoted around expressions- expressions...
Regional Architecture & Interiors
Vanakkam! South India is the enchanted land of India. The land where dosas and idlis were born. S...
So we’ve helped you decorate, paint and accessorize your walls. What remains? ART! Indian a...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining