- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Pros and cons of Built-in HobsBy Ranjna Sharma
Decor Tips Tweet 1 Comment(s)
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position of items; since they can mean a world of difference. Every housewife looks for ways in which she can minimize her work and stress load in the kitchen and the contemporary kitchen ware has a lot to offer. The modern kitchens are increasingly moving towards built in appliances as opposed to the free standing ones and the good old cooking range or oven is no exception. The freestanding Hobs have had their day and are being increasingly taken over by the built in ones.
But, before you decide upon one or the other, do take a look at the pros and cons of built-in hobs…
• The very reason that built-in hobs are gaining popularity is the fact that they seem to merge and flow into the surface and give a very modern, clean and chic look. Most fitted kitchens consider these a must have. Since kitchen is a focal point in the house and happens to be the one place where families often get together and spend time…it is becoming more and more common for people to look in to the aesthetics of this space. A built in oven looks rather elegant and often compliments the décor of the kitchen.
• While the freestanding model requires surface space; built in hobs are ideal for small kitchens as they help you save space.
• The built in hobs come with a lot of modern functionalities and features. They are almost always fitted with alarms and timers which can be programmed so you don’t have to worry about overcooking or burning the food. There are those which also have features that allow you to punch in the weight of the food and theTake a break and have a look at these awesome products:of food that you are about to cook. These appliances even switch off automatically once the food is cooked as per the programmed time, which helps you save energy.
• The installation of these built in hobs is rather complex as compared to the free standing system. Changing or replacing them and be costly.
• Since most of them run on electricity you might take some time to getting used to it as most Indian households have been used to gas supplied cooking ranges.
• These are comparatively more expensive than the free standing cooking units.
• If you ever wish to change the built in hobs and go for a new one it would mean a considerable cost and might even impact the cabinetry and the existing theme and décor of the kitchen. Unlike the freestanding unit you cannot really move it around your kitchen as and when you desired. It is more of a permanent fixture rather than a movable one.
• You may wish to get a comparison of the energy expenditure before getting one of these installed as the electricity costs in India are much higher than those of gas.
Fact is both freestanding and built-in systems
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position ...
While living in a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom and gigantic kitchen palace (that size has got to be more than ...
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Decor Accessories
Decor Accessories Decor Accessories
Sanitaryware External Walls and Facades
For as long as our species has existed, we have used wood. We have used forests as shelter and th...
GANPATI BAPPA MORYA!!! Festivals fill your home with a very divine aura. It brings in the very...
Mirror mirror on the wall Who is the fairest of them all. Don't really think if thi...
Pictured: The new look INDEX brand (left). London style icon Henry Holland (second left) and ...
According to the reports, the Taj Hotel, an architectural edifice of Mumbai remembered for its vi...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining