- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
The Pros and Cons of Wooden FlooringBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Decor Tips Tweet 2 Comment(s)
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the natural sheen are sure to make heads turn. The ethereal beauty and the class are unmatched by any other style of flooring. Most old fashioned homes might have a section of their flooring, or the entire flooring of the house done up in wood, and the sale price goes up at once. These days, the easy alternative to wooden flooring is laminate, which is composite wood pressed together at high temperatures. Whether hardwood or laminate, wooden flooring is worth considering for several reasons.
Pros of Wood Flooring
1) Look: The look that a wooden floor will give to your entire room is beautiful, to say the least. It goes with any home décor accent under the sun and the beauty of the wooden floors lies in their simplicity.
2) Value: Apart from looking like a million bucks, wooden flooring will crank up the value of your house several notches if you ever plan to sell it.
3) Timelessness: With the necessary care wood floors last your house a lifetime, at the very least. Almost always, they’ll look as gorgeous as they used to when you first installed them. If worn, repairing hardwood floors will not suck the life-force out of you!
4) Easy Maintenance: Caring for hardwood floors isn’t as difficult as it looks. Clean and vacuum every so often and use a wood cleaner when you think the floors could do with a polish. Spills can be cleaned up with a clean cloth without leaving any stains. Laminate flooring is easier to clean and bears the brunt of moisture and scratching better than hardwood.
5) Versatile: Wood flooring is extremely versatile and you can do anything you want with it. Almost all décor accents complement wood flooring beautifully.Take a break and have a look at these awesome products:you’re bored of the plain wood look, you can throw over a few fancy rugs around the floor and you’ll have a brand new look!
Cons of wood Flooring
1) Cost: The cost involved with wood flooring is the elephant in the room. Although the timelessness and durability of hardwood flooring is too tempting to pass up, laminate flooring is almost half the price of installing hardwood, which will burn a hole in your pocket at the beginning of its life.
2) Frequent cleaning: Every so often, wood will end up getting dirty. In Indian conditions, you might have to vacuum once in every two-three days. Also, polishing the floors with wood polish might become necessary once in a while.
3) The cold, hard floor: This won’t remain an expression in the melodrama novels anymore. The cold season will render your floors pretty chilly. Be prepared to walk around in your slippers for those few months of the year!
4) Unfriendly to Pets and Children: Pets and children will slip and fall every now and then because of the semi-slippery nature of the floors. Dogs slip more because they can’t really get a grip on the smooth floor with their padded feet.
5) Wears and Tears: Wood
Wood flooring is worth considering for what it is, rather than be rejected for what it is not. It classes up your family pad at once, and will stay with you for generations. If the idea of doing up all your floors in wood seems too overwhelming, then consider doing part of the house floors in wood. A thing of beauty is joy forever!
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
While living in a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom and gigantic kitchen palace (that size has got to be more than ...
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position ...
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the ...
Luxury Design Products
Furnishings Pillows, Duvets, Comforters
Ceramic & Tiles Bricks
Living Room Design & Decor
Living room is the only space in homes that makes room for catch-up with friends and family. In m...
Bought that ultra-swanky apartment that you love? Debating which appliances to invest in and whic...
Villages in India aren’t one particular entity. Given the diversity of our land, people and...
The restoration of Parvathi Nandan Ganapati Temple at Ganeshkind, Pune, India, has been recognize...
From 650 to 300, the decrease of water bodies in the city should be a major concern Not too lo...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining