- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Save Money on wall paints: DIYBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Wall Accents Tweet 1 Comment(s) Tags : decor accents wall colourInterior Designwall DIYWall PaintDIY Wall Paint
Painting is the most basic yet effective method to deck up your walls. What most of us fear about wall painting is the massive cost involved with a good paint job. Most of the time, we don’t even think about doing it ourselves because of the mess and the effort involved. But trust me, if you walk into the project, you’ll save up on a lot of money you would normally have to spit up to the pros, and also you’ll have a ton of fun! The following are 6 easy methods that’ll help you ace the job.
Img Src: rview.reviewcentre.com
1) Pre-painting: The pre-paint job is the most crucial. Your surface has to be made even in all ways. Scrape up the old paint, sandpaper the surface completely, putty the blemishes like cracks, holes and dents and get rid of your wall’s acne, so to speak! This is the most important bit of your paint job. A well-prepped wall will befriend your new paint better than a blemished wall. No amount of producer’s claims on an expensive paint will give you that clean surface if your walls aren’t prepped well.
2) Prime: This might seem like a luxury you can do without, owing to the fact that a lot of paints these days have an inbuilt priming quality. But for an improved adhesion and coverage of your paint, we recommend that you use a dedicated primer. Priming you walls solve three purposes: Firstly, it stops stains from seeping through. Secondly, it is one-coat coverage to your paint. Thirdly, priming is a great adhesive. It stops the paint to blister or peel from your walls. To achieve the desired effect, tint your primer with a little bit of the topcoatto help the topcoat hide the primed surface better.
3) Choose your tools well: Ask the local hardware store person to help you with the choice of brushes and roller sleeves. The best of paint jobs can fall through if the equipment is not selected carefully. Steer clear of brushes that start getting hair fall after the first day of painting.
4) Keep it clean: A paint job to the whole wide world almost always, means an unforgivable mess. Here’s a handy trick to stop that from happening. Lay a canvas drop-cloth rather than plastic to cover your floor and fixed furniture. Canvas absorbs paint and won’t become all slippery like plastic during the job. Plastic is also prone to tearing and a potential time bomb for tripping. What’s more, a canvas drop cloth will last you a lifetime rather than the plastic ones!
5) Scared of heights? Ditch the ladder and Invest in an extension pole. These come in all kinds of sizes and help you paint safely without dwelling in the constant fear of breaking your neck.
6) Hassle free painting: We know that washing up and cleaning after a full day of painting can be extremely gruesome. Here’s an easy way to wrap up each day. When you are done painting for the day, wipe off the extra paint on each of your brushes and roller sleeves and wrap them up tightly in food grade plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator. The following day, pull them out half an hour prior to when your painting is to start. This helps you cut a lot of time and hassles short.
These simple steps help you get a pro-painted wall, minus the cost of labour! We hope you have fun decorating your walls!
Tags : decor accents wall colourInterior Designwall DIYWall PaintDIY Wall Paint
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
So we’ve helped you decorate, paint and accessorize your walls. What remains? ART! Indian art has always been one of ...
No matter where you go; you see houses all around you, but what really makes one house different than the ...
Interior decor is getting bigger and bigger day by day, thanks to innovative decor ideas that just emerge out of ...
Luxury Design Products
Gardening Automation Systems
Decor Accessories Decor Accessories
Railings & Stairs Sanitaryware
When it comes to Innovation, Quality and Design, Hindware is the leader, and the backbone behind ...
BE OPEN (CREATIVE THINK TANK) Like the Captain of a ship who cuts the ocean to take ...
Bought that ultra-swanky apartment that you love? Debating which appliances to invest in and whic...
Gone are the days when solid colors were the only available choices for Indian homes. Ther...
A patio very often is a space for recreation and relaxation. If you ever built small shaded lean-...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining