- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Sink-in sofas or Upright chairs - What's Better?By Ranjna Sharma
Decor Tips Tweet 1 Comment(s)
A sofa set is one of the most important parts of one’s home furniture and in most cases it is a purchase that is expected to last at least a decade. Most Indian homes are now also opting for the Upright chairs with cushioned seats as opposed to the sink in sofas. In any case this is one of the most used pieces of furniture in any setting and a comfy sofa or chair set can make a lot of people happy or unhappy. Question is how to make the choice and decide which one to buy and why?
Sink in sofa
• These sofas are very inviting and tend to become a fave relaxation spot.
• They come in very attractive and tend to be a luxury item. They are also very trendy in looks and often very desirable too.
• At the end of a tough day you may well find yourself dreaming of your sink in sofa and finding that much needed rest and recuperation.
• As the name suggests these are meant for you to flop on to and sink in. You very often collapse onto them rather than sit on them upright or alert.
• Sink in sofas are meant for comfort and rest and they often induce a tilted pelvic position which is not very healthy for the strength of the muscles.
• These sofas are meant to envelop you and give you a feeling of instant and total relaxation and tend to be big in size. In most of the metropolitan cities in India space is becoming increasingly dear and these may not be suitable for such a space.
• Over time the springs in these sink in sofas tend to sag and the sofa turns saggy rather than comfy. So keep in mind that as and when your sink in sofa turns saggy you should get in touch with a sofa shop and get the springs tweaked.
• Upright chairs seem to be ideal for narrow spaces and small sitting rooms as they do not take much space and can provide a really good design and look to the sitting area; without making it feel or look small.
• They also happen to be good for your body posture as unlike the sink in sofas they keep your back straight and save you from the tilted pelvic position.
• Though they may not look as grand as the sink in sofa they do come in very chic and trendy designs and the upholstery is rather easy to change. You can always redo it as you change the theme and paint scheme of the room.
• Upright chairs are rather sturdy and last much longer and you can always manage to make them more comfy by adding on extra foam in the seat or arm rest area.
The choice between the sink in sofa or upright chair is rather easily made if the choice is based on the space constraint or health issues. Apart from these two major factors you can decide based on the look and theme you wish to create and what your lifestyle demands.
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
While living in a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom and gigantic kitchen palace (that size has got to be more than ...
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position ...
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the ...
Luxury Design Products
Decor Accessories Lighting
Sanitaryware Ceramic & Tiles
Feng Shui Tips
Vastu Shastra deals with the proper placement and proper direction of rooms or buildings. Vastu &...
From 650 to 300, the decrease of water bodies in the city should be a major concern Not too lo...
Shop & Restaurant Interiors
The first thing your customers get to see on entering your shop is the cash desk. As the first im...
Living Room Design & Decor
If you recall your childhood days, you will remember that your living room was one place in the h...
The Indian Institute of Architects, Chandigarh-Punjab Chapter with the support of BEE, NITTTR, PE...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining