- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Using Vanity Mirrors for DecorBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Decor Tips Tweet 1 Comment(s) Tags : decor accents wall decorInterior DesignMirror DecorMirror Decoration
“Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the prettiest of them all?” Remember this from Snow White? Well apparently, the evil queen could’ve been just plain narcissistic, or a person with great home décor ideas! Maybe both. Anyways, let’s take you on another décor journey, this time about how you can use Vanity mirrors effectively for Home decor. We’ll take you from room to room explaining how you can use a mirror to perk up that particular room.
• Master Bedroom: Your bedroom is your den. The idea is, to have a little lady vanity table in your bedroom, this could be overlooked by a pretty looking mirror adorned with some great looking lights. Also, you could include a long mirror in your bedroom like the one below that overlooks your bed. It looks classy and generates a nice big feeling to your room.
Img Src: nextelements.com
Img Src: homedecorin.com
• Master Bathroom: Mirrors are a necessity in a bathroom, sure. But you could turn this into a luxurious spot depending on your choice of mirror. You could choose a full-walled mirror. This not only looks great, but it makes your bathroom look twice as big. You could use an empty wall and turn into a doubling wall! This size of mirror might be a little steep, but worth every penny! Also, the mirror over the basin could be lighted up with descended lights to give a lovely hue to your mirrored area.
Img Src: freshhome.com
Img Src: mobilenewsblog.net
• Kids Bedroom: A child’s bedroom has to be very carefully designed. Mirrors can be used more effectively in a girl’s bedroom, and as she grows up, it doesn’t remain a bedroom accessory any more. There are lovely design ideas for these teen girl rooms. You can go for a readymade vanity unit like the following in the corner of your little princess’ bedroom, or customize it yourself and go wild!
Img Src: cdn.homeedit.com
• Guest Bedroom and Bathroom: You can decorate a guest bedroom and bathroom beautifully and yet keep it minimalistic. The idea is to keep a sparsely decorated room that caters to a visitor’s needs and yet doesn’t require a lot of crazy cleaning sessions when the room is more or less empty. Keep a vanity table and mirror set ready that are low maintenance pieces of furniture. For the bathroom, try a mirror set with lights that give the bathroom a homely feel.
Img Src: resourcedir.com
• Living room mirrors: Living rooms may not be a great place to put mirrors, but having a beautiful mirror anywhere doesn’t really harm you. You can have ornate, intricate mirrors in your drawing room in corners and side-tables and make your space correlate with your personal touch.
• Another beautiful touch that you can add to any random, ordinary mirror is to adorn the mirror with tiny little rice lights which we normally put up during Diwali. You can use colored satin cloth and these lights together to add a soft rich feel to a very ordinary mirror! Use this in your master bedroom or daughter’s bedroom and achieve a brilliant look! Pink and yellow lights used on pink satin cloth give a great hue and look to your mirrored area!
Also, vanity mirrors and lights are brothers in faith! Using accessory lights with vanity mirrors makes them look edgy and beautiful at the same time. Choose your lights and mirrors intuitively, and you’ll enjoy the effect!
Tags : decor accents wall decorInterior DesignMirror DecorMirror Decoration
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
While living in a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom and gigantic kitchen palace (that size has got to be more than ...
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position ...
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the ...
Luxury Design Products
Bespoke Furniture Design Decor Accessories
What is latest in home décor this summer - from drapes to wall covers - our take on t...
Though the history of Indian architecture spans back to dates unknown but after having undergone ...
Dining Room Design & Decor
Our world is moving in the same pace as ever but our lives are moving extraordinarily fast. In th...
Interior Design Ideas & Tips
India is a land where guests are treated as the god and the families feel fortunate if some guest...
Strategic lighting can completely change the ambiance of the room. Gone are the days when people ...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining