- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Dos and Donts of Vastu for your BathroomsBy Sakshi Sachdeva
Vastu Tips Tweet 0 Comment(s)
Vastu-Shastra was actually used as architectural measure in ancient India. It was used for building structures and designing them for the interior. Vastu Shashtra is one of the best ways through which people can make sure that they get a large influx of positivity and prosperity into their lives. This, in fact, is an ancient Indian principle, so it certainly has a lot of credibility. Vastu-Shastra can play a major role in one's life. It can be a creator or a destroyer. It can help a person develop a healthy life for themselves and it will make sure that they get some positive energy from the place as well. Harmony and inner peace is exactly what are required in life and this is exactly what Vastu Shastra provides.
Even bathrooms need to be Vastu-friendly. As the placement of bathrooms in home is most important for health and wealth of the inmates living there. If by hap bathroom is placed at undesirable place then surely it would lead to major problems such as finance loss, health problems, mental tension and stress etc. Vastu lays down certain rules for the placement of bathroom. The positioning of bathrooms should be compliant to Vastu norms in every way. Here are some do’s and dont’s:
1) The direction in which you are going to build your bathroom is crucial. Always keep in mind the accurate direction while designing a bathroom i.e north-west. Because according to vastu if we make bathrooms in wrong zone then it can have harmful repercussions. For instance, if we make bathroom in east zone or north-east zone, it will destroy our social connectivity.
2) The bathrooms should be located at a safe distance from the kitchen and the dining room.
3) Door of bathroom should be placed in eastern sides.
4) If there is almirah in your bathroom, make sure it is placed on the south-west side of the bathroom.
5) The suitable direction for keeping the washing machine is south-east or north-west.
6) The slope of the bathroom floor should be towards north and east so water drains to the north-east side of the bathroom.
7) Make sure mirror is placed on the east or north wall.
8) Always keep sea-salt in a glass bowl as it reduces negativity and exudes positive energy.
9) Electrical appliances should be placed in the right zone i.e in south-east because south-east is the zone of fire.
1) Neither read newspaper nor make any plans in bathroom because bathrooms are full of negativity and they do not allow free flow of energy.
2) Avoid using dark shades for your bathroom walls. The recommended colour for your bathroom wall is any colour of red family. Colours play a major role in vastu. For instance, if your bathroom is located in south- zone, which in accordance to Vastu is a wrong zone and can create loss of peace and prosperity in your house. But it can be cured without any demolitions by doing little remedies i.e by using the recommended colours in accordance to Vastu in your homes so as to irradicate problems.
Did you find this article useful? Please share it with your friends. If you have any questions, post them in the comment section below.
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
ZingBoards you may like
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
The entrance of your home is the entry to your 'kingdom'. This gate should be maintained with utmost care. The ...
Indian homes are increasingly getting Vastu savvy as more and more people begin to understand and accept this science of ...
Who doesn’t want a Vastu compliant home? But the cold fact is that though Vastu has been making huge waves ...
Luxury Design Products
Luxury Beds & Mattresses Luxury Furniture
Art Decor Accessories
Sanitaryware Ceramic & Tiles
The joy of watching a new painting on the wall of your living room can shatter down very soon if ...
About some quarter thousand kilometers away from Delhi, somewhere in the middle of the ...
DIY Interior Design & Decor
If you wake up every morning to see nothing but monotonous walls-either blank or donned...
1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK Design Ideas
3 BHKs are the new order of the day. Most apartment builders in most parts of the country these d...
Architectural Styles from around the World
Go Classy!! Classical interior design is a blend of both Greek and roman interior design. This...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining