- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Vastu for the Main Entrance DoorBy Imdad
Vastu Tips Tweet 2 Comment(s)
The entrance of your home is the entry to your 'kingdom'. This gate should be maintained with utmost care. The entrance door should be located in proper direction, because all the positive and negative energies revolves around this door.
The main door should be clean & beautiful. It should be free from any obstruction both from inside and outside.
The main door establishes a significant relationship with the outside world. The entrance door is the mouth of a house which welcomes all the positive opportunities, so this door should be large and inviting.And hence Vastu Shashtra for main entrance is an important consideration.
Direction of the Main Entrance Door:
The experts of "Vastu Shastra" suggests East, West and North direction to be more effective for the inhabitants.
- The main door through which you enter to your house is considered to be the gateway which brings new possibilities and hopes in your life.
- It is very important that the door opens entirely or at least to 90 degree.
- Vastu believes that a door which opens completely brings all the positive energies and opportunities into the house.
- A door which cannot open entirely may restrict the flow of positive energies as well as opportunities.
Some other factors to be noted while constructing the main door:
- Avoid main door facing a destroyed building or an abandoned house.
- Construct the main door in such a way that no shadow falls over it.
- The door should not be placed exactly at the corner of the walls,instead keep the door away from the corner at least by a few inches.
- The main door should be constructed with good quality material preferably wood. Vastu suggests to avoid metal frames of metal doors.
- Avoid having a wall in front of the entrance door.
- Do not keep a dustbin near the main door.
- Avoid facing the main door towards intersecting roads.
- There should not be any obstacles like electric pole,water tank in front of the main door.
- Do not construct the main door facing directly to the opposite house.
- There should not lie a heap of stones or bricks just in front of the main entrance.A garage or a store room should not be located just in front of the main entrance door.
All these are considered as obstructions which might hamper the progress in a house.
Image courtesy of Gualberto107 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
The entrance of your home is the entry to your 'kingdom'. This gate should be maintained with utmost care. The ...
Indian homes are increasingly getting Vastu savvy as more and more people begin to understand and accept this science of ...
Who doesn’t want a Vastu compliant home? But the cold fact is that though Vastu has been making huge waves ...
Luxury Design Products
Luxury Furniture Furnishings
Furniture (Ready to Buy) Furnishings
Ceramic & Tiles Sanitaryware
Regional Architecture & Interiors
Some people can see the whole world in a tiny grain of sand, and can live an eternity in the blin...
Bought that ultra-swanky apartment that you love? Debating which appliances to invest in and whic...
City planning assumes that it is a gender neutral profession. This assumption is faulty and needs...
Interior Design Ideas & Tips
Oh yes, a lot can happen over coffee. Well, the coffee is definitely the star of the evenin...
The one cool thing to do in summers is to actually cool off yourself in a swimming pool. A good s...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining