- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
At what height should you hang paintings in your living roomBy Imdad
Wall Accents Tweet 3 Comment(s) Tags : wall colourwall
The joy of watching a new painting on the wall of your living room can shatter down very soon if you do not have the idea of height and proper placement. You have just purchased a new painting and you are not sure how high it should be mounted on the wall, you can go through the following tips.
These tips are basically some helpful ideas which can offer you the best look out of your painting(s) when hung at a proper height.
You might have heard rumors like hang up a painting such that the center of the artwork is at your eye level.
Well if you think so, you will be confused right away when you think of your height in consideration with a 6 feet tall friend of yours.You have a sofa in your living room and you are confused whether to display the painting over the sofa or not and at what height should it be hung.
Well do not fear, just go through the following tips-
- At the outset you consider the fact that is your living room a place where you mainly find yourself standing, if this is so it will make sense if you display your artwork a bit higher. If the ceiling is tall, then adjust the position of the painting as per the requirement.
- Now consider the situation, if in this room you generally spend a lot of time, you visit this room quite frequently, sit there and do all your casual gossips; then in such cases you should hang pictures a bit lower, place your paintings in a way such that you can enjoy it from a lover viewing angle. You can do an experiment to find out the best position to hang your paintings, simply sit on a chair and ask someone to hold the painting against the wall, move it up and down and adjust the position for a better view.
- Try to relate the artwork to the sofa or the furniture just below it. Make sure you have a proper frame for the painting. Place the painting against the wall in such a way that when you sit on the sofa the painting lies just above your head.
- However, if your painting is not very large, consider hanging the painting with other objects or with some decorative items.
- If your painting is tall, or it's a vertical painting, place it in a way such that the top 50% of the image remains at your eye level. Again, in this case you can take the help of your friend to hold the image against the wall and adjust it accordingly.
- Do not fix a small picture on a very large wall, this will disturb the balance of your room, instead look for a narrow wall, and hang up 2 or 3 small pictures in a vertical line.It is necessary that both the picture hooks are in proper alignment.
View more Living Rooms here.
Tags : wall colourwall
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
So we’ve helped you decorate, paint and accessorize your walls. What remains? ART! Indian art has always been one of ...
No matter where you go; you see houses all around you, but what really makes one house different than the ...
Interior decor is getting bigger and bigger day by day, thanks to innovative decor ideas that just emerge out of ...
Luxury Design Products
Electric & Electronic Appliances Furnishings
Decor Accessories Lighting
If you’re shopping for Art or handicrafts in the capital, it can be quite a drag if you d...
A farmhouse away from the hustle and bustle of our city lives. Isn’t that the dream! A beau...
Design & Decor Selfies
As soon as we arrived at this terrace in Bangalore, we understood how precious the quiet fee...
What is Landscape? Landscape is defining a boundary or creating a defined space out of the unl...
Dining Room Design & Decor
Not all of us have rugs in our house. But for those who do have or want to have…. Do you k...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- A Home that evokes poetry
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining