- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
6 Simple and Recycling DIY Ideas For Diwali DecorBy Sakshi Sachdeva
Festive Decor Tweet 0 Comment(s)
Diwali is a festival of light and colors. A splendid and extravagant décor is required for each home on Diwali. While decorating home for Diwali, it involves a list of things, beginning from home décor to gift items etc.
A rustic look of home on Diwali can provide an altogether fabulous view. Apart from the ready-to-made available décor items in the market, if one happens to be a lover of handmade and homemade décor items, then, these are some of the easy and recycling DIY ideas for Diwali décor. Lets have a look:-
1. DIY Diwali Toran: Festival of Diwali involves a play with colors. Torans are placed at the entrance of a house to welcome guests and set a festive mood. If you are passionate and creative, there is an easy and interesting way to create torans for your house. You can make your toran quite easily with recyclable materials such as cardboard, handmade paper, waste ornaments etc. All you have to do is decorating pieces of cardboard with stars, waste ornaments etc. This will promote recycling and create a pretty décor.
2. DIY Diwali Rangoli: Again you can make use of recyclable materials for creating a portable, recycled and simple rangoli. You can do it by decorating it with waste ornaments like ribbons, lace, mirrors, pearls etc. This free spiritedness also leaves an ever lasting impact on the viewer.
3. DIY Diwali Candles: Diwali is a festival of lights and how can it be complete without some gorgeous homemade candles. There are a lot of materials you can use to make your own candles, from orange peels, salt dough to even sea shells. Isn’t it a fabulous way of creating candles on your own?
4. DIY Diwali lanterns: Lanterns or Kandeels as they are called in India add a special touch to Diwali Décor. Here are two ideas of creating lanterns which will portay lavishness.
a) Create Glass Jar Lanterns
Re-use old sauce, jam, spaghetti jars and gold dimensional puffy paint to create lanterns.
b) Create Paper Bag Lanterns
Paper bags are easily available in abundance at homes. Now you can recycle these paper bags in order to create these exotic lanterns for your diwali décor.
5. DIY Diwali Diya Platter: Got some wooden board, waste ornaments, marriage cards at home? Decorate wooden board with ribbons, pearls, mirrors etc. to create a portable, recyclable diya platter which will add another moon to your Diwali Décor.
6. DIY Diwali Gift Bowls: You can create your Diwali gift packages or bowls by making use of scraps of newspaper, handmade paper and fabric scraps. This way is pretty easy and pocket- friendly. This displays the decorator’s passion and creativity as well.
Try these tips to enhance and make your Diwali décor look extravagant. If you have any exciting ideas for Diwali décor, please do share with us in the comment section below.
Share your thoughts with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
ZingBoards you may like
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
The advancement of autumn sees a high spirit of festivity in and around Indian neighbourhood. The “nine-nights” in the beginning ...
GANPATI BAPPA MORYA!!! Festivals fill your home with a very divine aura. It brings in the very sense of happiness, ...
Every year there is one such festival that sees a lot of fanfare and trumpet calls. Goddess Durga who emanated ...
Feng Shui Tips
Comfort and cleanliness are key elements of a great bathroom and our modern bathrooms provide the...
Low Cost Decor Ideas
Having a special club style arrangement or party space in your home is something that you can loo...
A lot is being said about Vastu compliance while making homes and on the way you should be living...
According to the reports, the Taj Hotel, an architectural edifice of Mumbai remembered for its vi...
Tell me you haven’t heard, ‘a great design comes from creating something out of the b...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining