- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Five Home Decor Mistakes to AvoidBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Decor Tips Tweet 1 Comment(s)
Life’s tough enough with the number of home décor ideas doing the rounds. It becomes horrible when we miss out on the little attention to detail. We discuss the top five bloopers of a home décor spree in the following section.
1) Out-of-Place Themes: While the necessity of employing a theme is emphasized, you also should know which ones to say no to. Explore home décor magazines or surf the internet and see what looks good. This more often than not, gives you an idea of what looks good and what will only send your hard-earned money up in flames. Use décor accents that subtly imply a theme instead of making a jaded décor statement.
Also, it is essential not to overdo any theme, especially if you’re picking a color-based theme. Don’t get all your furniture color coordinated in a way that is bound to look tacky in the end. Choose your colors and themes wisely.
2) Furniture Arrangement blunders: Furniture coupling and arrangement could be a tricky art, especially if you are just a beginner and doing up your first home. It is very important to balance the furniture and the décor accents carefully. If your sofa is oversized and heavy, have a center table that’s on the lighter side to compensate. Tall lampshades and flower vases help complete the look. Also, do not push all your furniture into the walls. This invariably kills the idea that you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
3) De-clutter: De-clutter your rooms. Over furnishing is as bad as wrong furnishing. A lot of good pieces will kill your décor as much as a single plain piece of furniture. Balance your furniture, colors and accents in a way that keeps the look alive. All of these elements come together to complete your look. Get aof ideas from places and see what works best for you. Remember, having a big room doesn’t mean you’ve to fill it up indiscriminately with a lot of stuff. Sparse could crank up your élan as well.
4) Undressed Cables: So you have a huge plasma TV and a home theatre and the Play Station. Did you cover up the cables after installation? If you haven’t, please pay attention to this one tiny detail immediately. Get a guy to hide it all straight away. This may seem trivial, but it’s what kills the entire look and feel of the area. Concealing cables is the most important job to consider if you have a litany of gizmos in your home.
5) Over-formal: Making a room look formal is fine, but overdoing it is a major home décor faux pas. It is extremely essential to make people feel welcome and comfortable in your space. Incorporate furniture and furnishings that tend to your comfort as well as that of your guests. After all, we pay attention to décor infinitely more seriously because people judge you by the appearance of your home!
Home décor is essentially an art, that doesn’t come with a rulebook and
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
When you are planning the layout of your kitchen you want to be very careful in the selection and position ...
While living in a 5 bedroom 4 bathroom and gigantic kitchen palace (that size has got to be more than ...
Wooden Floors are a frequent daydream of most home enthusiasts! The rich colors, the warmth under your foot and the ...
Luxury Design Products
Decor Accessories Wall Coverings
Ceramic & Tiles, Flooring Sanitaryware
Feng Shui Tips
A Chinese philosophical system that governs the orientation and proper placement of objects...
Vastu-Shastra was actually used as architectural measure in ancient India. It was used for buildi...
No matter how opulent your interiors are, there is always a drizzle or a breeze or warm, early mo...
When it comes to adding peace or injecting serenity into the house, nothing can beat a nicely dec...
Prof. Ashok Laxman Chhatre, born on the 21st of November 1937, is one of the accomplished academi...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining