- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Indian Style Home Decorating IdeasBy Pallavi Siddhanta
Ethnic Decor Tweet 0 Comment(s) Tags : Ethnic Indian home decorwall art Home Decor
Home decor comes naturally to most of us Indians. Almost always, while on a vacation, we pick up novelties that would look great in X spot of the Y room in our house. Why shouldn’t we! We love our lovely homes and make them lovelier so that we can love them more. Circle of love, I’d call it! So why do we need to find Roman, Spanish or Mediterranean influences to decorate our lovely homes? India is a land so full of heritage, that we hardly need anything more than local arts and crafts from various parts of the country to accessorize up your dream home. While there are various ways to go about it, here’s how we suggest you get cracking.
1) Rajasthani Dewans: Rajasthanidewan sets and ornate chairs which are often used as props in traditional or period drama film sets serve as wonderful accents in homes. These chairs or dewans can be upholstered with rich cloth like velvet or silk in warm colours like red, orange or magnolia. You can also raid old carpets, sarees or bedcovers for the same. These can be a wonderful embellishment in your house and provide to it an ornate, ethereal look that remains royal for ages.
2) Wooden Swings: Full wooden swings inside homes have been a trend for a long time. Rich wooden swings are a fashion statement and a chill out zone in homes. These can be decorated with good looking fabric and cushions and you’re good to go. Dark wood polish for your swing-set, and maintenance drive every two or three years will suffice and make your swing a stylish entity in your home.
3) Upholstery and Furnishing: Furnish your living area well. For those of you who have a lot of metal work going on in yourroom, you might want to experiment with colors like maroon, bright yellow and orange. Use reds, yellows, maroons and oranges in your living area. Explore the idea of silk curtains. These days, faux silk is available in furnishing shops too. These are much cheaper than real silk, and you can’t really notice the difference either.
4) Wall Art: The idea of wall art can be explored in a very creative and beautiful way. For those who have watched the Harry Potter films, there was a wall painted in the Black family household depicting the Black family tree. You could do this in your home, painted on a traditional Indian palace. Great way to utilize a bare wall in the Indian way, right?
5) Flower Arrangement: Somehow, vases and flowers seem indispensable for living rooms. Nothing encourages positivity and radiates happiness in a family like flowers do. You could arrange long-stemmed flowers in vases, or put them in crystal bowls with water, or just have a lot of them in ceramic jugs. You could also place flowers and candles together in bell metal bowls called the Uruli. In each of these ways, nothing livens up your space like flowers.
Tags : Ethnic Indian home decorwall art Home Decor
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
Popular in this Category
If you’re shopping for Art or handicrafts in the capital, it can be quite a drag if you don’t know ...
Six acres of land in South Delhi, right opposite to the INA market has been extensively put to use by ...
Being the members of the human race we advance towards a horizon of hope, ignoring the tunes of nimbus, tearing ...
Price: Request a callback
Kids Room Interior Design
The tots. How they bring showers of blessings into families and continue to spread joy throughout...
Hotel Architecture & Interiors
Hotels are lining up the city and its peripherals. And without something magnificent and extraord...
‘Littering is for monkeys’- reads a wall. But I don’t know what it means- justi...
The charm and resplendence of God’s own country is not new to the world. And being a Kerali...
According to the reports, the Taj Hotel, an architectural edifice of Mumbai remembered for its vi...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining