- Kitchen & Dining
- Walls & Floors
- Doors & Windows
Thankyou for registering on ZingyHomes.We have sent you a verification email. Please click on the link mentioned in the email to activate your account and start using the site!
As a member, you get exclusive offers, discounts, sneak previews, space planner and members only rewards and privileges.
You already have an account? Great! Sign In
Remind me later
Sign In to ZingyHomes
Organic Interiors - Design and Decor Tips, Ideas and Inspiration PhotosBy ZingyHomes Editorial Team
Green Homes Tweet 0 Comment(s)
In the fast-paced urban life, one of the many issues we often face and try to combat is stress. We undertake a range of activities to combat stress including yoga, meditation, recreational activities, outings etc and one of the effective ways to combat stress is to escape the city madness and go to the countryside or hill station to experience the goodness of nature. Being in a natural environment helps us to feel calm and peaceful – the reason why people go on vacations or weekend trips. But, what if we can make eco-friendly living a way of life? Why should enjoying the goodness of nature be a weekly or once in a while experience? In the recent years, bringing nature into our homes and living in a nature-filled environment has been a growing trend. The factors that drive people to go organic are as follows –
(i) Stressful urban life has driven many to adopt eco-friendly living a way of life.
(ii) Growing awareness about increasing pollution levels and related health issues.
(iii) It's hip to go organic.
(iv) Cost is not a deterrent as going organic is economical and pocket-friendly.
(v) There are plenty of options one can choose from based on their budget.
(vi) Nature lovers naturally get fascinated by organic interior designing concept.
Whatever reason people may have to go organic, it's a healthy trend which should be encouraged at all levels to combat the ill-effects of global-warming, depleting natural resources and pollution related health hazards. The fact that you are reading this article shows your interest in organic interiors. Stop thinking and go for it – here's how you go organic. Read on.
1. Choose the right natural materials for the walls, ceilings and floors that will resonate with your personal style and preference. The options are Rocks, Bricks, Wood or Leather – you may prefer the rugged nature of rock or brick walls or ceilings/flooring or more sophisticated and stylish wood or leather walls or floors/ceilings.
You can make the brick wall the focal point by leaving it in its natural state or just paint over the brick wall to show it as a subtle backdrop.
Wood-paneled rooms create a warm and pleasant atmosphere that can make your mind and soul peaceful.
2. Placing a lot of wooden furniture will give a rustic and country appeal to your interiors, thus your house will look more nature-friendly.
3. Place house plants at the right places and decorate your dining/coffee tables with natural flowers. They bring the much needed freshness into the rooms. Plants are not only natural air purifiers but they also reduce the amount of dust entering the house when they are placed partially in front of the windows. You can decorate your walls and ceilings with hanging planters and branches as well.
4. Natural lights can enhance the look of your design elements like wall décor and furniture and make the ambiance more lively. Make sure that all your rooms get optimal sun lights through windows, roofs or solar tubes.
5. Decorate your rooms with organic accessories and use organic materials as much as possible. Some of them are hand-made earthen sculptures, sea shells, cotton floor cushions and bed covers, bamboo planters, paper mache, jute chicks for window covering, lamp shades made of paper, Jute mats on tables and lot more. These décor accessories will make your house look more eco-friendly, warm and welcoming and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
6. Using organic paints is a great way to reduce the toxic inhalants at home as they are toxin-free. Interior designing involves using of a lot of plywood, instead use particle board which is eco-friendly. Even if you are going to use plywood use the ones made of bamboo.
7. Use organic bedding sets made of all-natural, recyclable, non-toxic materials such as wool, unbleached cotton, bamboo blend, latex form, horsehair etc.
8. Use LED lights as they consume less electricity and are also highly lumnious. They come in different styles, shapes and colors that they can be effectively used to enhance the interiors of the house.
9. Use tree trunks/stumps as stools and side tables or bring custom-made trunk-tables/stools – they'll give your house a country look and they contrast well with modern couches and carpets.
10. Beautify the walls with large wall papers and frames of natural sceneries. Placing crystals and geodes on tables and shelves and also hanging a couple of them is not a bad idea. They are fantastic décor accessories to keep around the house – the sunlight reflections through them add beauty to your house.
Installing solar panels for electricity generation, building water harvesting system, creating gardens around the house are also great ways to lead an eco-friendly lifestyle.
Did you like the article? Share it with your friends and family. Hit the social buttons below. Go and help others go organic!
Products you may like
Got some tips, design ideas? Share them with the community.
Leave a comment here or submit your own article.
ZingBoards you may like
Design Ideas you may like
Popular in this Category
The holiday season, Diwali, Christmas and the New Year always urge us to clean out and clean up. I know ...
Going eco-friendly with the way we live is no more a noble service we are rendering to the society or ...
Green laws or open areas are restricted to spaces outside a Bedroom window, Kitchen window, Internal lobby courtyard & to ...
Luxury Design Products
Decor Accessories Decor Accessories
Railings & Stairs Sanitaryware
Feng Shui Tips
Bedroom, a place for relaxation. A bedroom when designed with Feng Shui principles becomes ...
Regional Architecture & Interiors
Wood features hold a distinctive appeal in art, style, utility and beauty. The skill of wood and ...
The opportunity to design or decorate our own home is the dream that many of us lived for. ...
“Our societies will never be great until our cities are great. There is the decay of the ce...
With an immense scale of achievements to his credit, this 21st century starchitect has emerge...
- Anu's home reflects her contemporary taste
- Mr. Sharma's Home embraces the Zen style approach
- What Ails BIM Implementation in India?
Copyright ZingyHomes - 2013 - . All rights reserved.
- Kitchen & Dining